Monday, April 10, 2006

The Worst That Could Happen









To listen, click below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPTvxkV3FAk

Recorded in 1969 by Brooklyn Bridge

According to information I found on www.songfacts.com, when Johnny Maestro (former lead singer of the Crests) put together an 11-piece band, his managers complained that it would be easier to sell the Brooklyn Bridge than to promote such a large ensemble. The name stuck.

My favorite Brooklyn Bridge song was Your Husband/My Wife. I have no idea who wrote it.

There is little commentary on this song because it is one of my least favorite of Jimmy Webb's songs. I included it here largely because of the artists' name being Brooklyn Bridge.  But let's face it -- a not-so-great Jimmy Webb song is better than a "great" song by most songwriters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home